Blip Billboards Supports Future Business Leaders Through Nonprofit Organization Practicum Awarding Cash Prize of $20k
Blip seeds future business leaders with advertising practicum that supports nonprofit organizations.
Kaysville, Utah Sep 22, 2022 (Issuewire.com) – Blip has partnered with local universities and nonprofit organizations to provide an expansive learning opportunity for college students. In doing so, Blip has directly seeded the professional development of students and the continued growth of Utah-rooted nonprofits.
Earlier this year, Blip and BYU’s Marriott School of Business came together to match student marketing teams with local nonprofits for an experimental mini-course focused on layered marketing and top-of-funnel awareness. Each student team worked with a nonprofit organization to build a marketing strategy aimed at increasing the organizations’ site traffic, site conversion, donation volume, and general public awareness.
Top objectives for the practicum:
- For the students: provide real-world experience while still in school. This practicum allows marketing students to work onsite with local nonprofits, increase their knowledge of awareness marketing, and ultimately build their resumes that lead to future job opportunities.
- For the nonprofits: provide strategy and execution help for their growth and service efforts. Nonprofits were paired with a student consulting team to help boost their summer marketing initiatives and were provided up to $5,200/month in free advertising space through Blip’s marketplace for the duration of the practicum. Blip has also established a 1:1 match program for nonprofit advertising spending nationwide.
Each team was judged on 4 main elements: research, strategy, execution, and the nonprofit’s feedback. The winning team, composed of undergrad students Lauren Bushnell, Ben Daniel, and Marissah Hannig, received a $20,000 cash prize from Blip in honor of their outstanding work with the Friends of the Children’s Justice Center.
Altogether, the teams substantially shifted the nonprofit landscape among the 10 participating organizations, including:
- Increasing aggregate donation volume by slightly more than 100% YoY
- Increasing aggregate awareness by more than 20% YoY
- Creating an additional 30+ million net new advertising impressions for the group of nonprofits in 4 months
When speaking about the impact of the program on her organization, Kirsten Elliot, Development & Communications Director at HawkWatch International said “At my last job, we paid ~$5k/month to have a digital marketing company assist us with our social media marketing. It was helpful, but did not have anywhere near the direct impact that working with the BYU team did.”
Blip plans to scale this practicum nationwide over the next several semesters.
Learn more about Blip Billboards at www.blipbillboards.com
285 N Main St, #849
Source :Blip Billboards
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No News Postbox journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.